Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Warrior

My Warrior is the consummate almost three year old boy. He is loud, and rambunctious. He gives his mother heart attacks, by jumping from the back of the couch. He is constantly on the move and is into everything. He takes down his big brother, and almost takes down his Daddy, with a tackle to the knees.

He is also your stereotypical little brother. He always wants to play with his big brother and sister, and is included in their play, usually. He also gets into all of their things. Princess’s dishes and dress-up clothes get strewn around the room and/or house. Professor’s Legos get broken down and his “Treasure Box” gets rifled through.

He sings all the time, and has since he could make a sound. We have video of him singing his own songs, with drum breaks and hand claps included, that go on for up to fifteen minutes.

However, he is my sweetheart. He still wants his Momma’s undivided attention. There have been times that he has taken my hand and pulled me to the glider insisting that I sit and sing to him. More recently he has been known to tell me, “Baby J need go bed,” when he thinks it is his turn for Momma’s attention. He loves his baby brother, but isn’t about to give up his lap time.

Yes he is a handful, but I’m so much happier with my hands full.

3 comments:

Jedi Miller said...

Music soothes the savage beast. Which if he's a warrior, he's got a "savage beast heart" which makes him dive off the couch and the like. Besides who wouldn't want to have a woman with a beautiful voice sing to him on command.

Will the Warrior be availible for the caroling this year? I like singing Star Wars as Carols!!!

Anonymous said...

"Yes he is a handful, but I'm so much happier with my hands full."

This got a tear out of me. As you know I have my Lil' Spitfire and sometimes I forget to be thankful that my hands are full. Thanks.

Jedi Miller said...

MAN!!!! I won't be able to go caroling now. I was hoping to get out of my class but it's just not working out the way i had hoped.


Stupid teachers!