Thursday, November 8, 2007

Warm Fuzzys

Baby J melts my heart with his first little smiles. One of the absolute joys of having babies is that first time that they really smile. You just become so excited to see that first real sign of recognition. However, you have to coax out that smile by being silly, or finding the right noise or expression. I thrill when that smile turns to a readily available commodity that no longer requires jumping through hoops to acquire. I love it when, as you are feeding them, you look down and they are smiling at you. Or when you are giving a bath or changing a diaper they simply give you a smile, when they see you they smile, when you simply talk to them they smile. Baby J is moving into that stage, and I am loving it. Talk about a gaga Momma. The camera is constantly at the ready, and I already have about a gazillion pictures that are exactly the same, but they are all different to me because they are all different smiles. And he is soooooooooo cute!!!

All that is required to turn me into a big ol' pile of goo is to see the smile of one of my babies. All they have to do is to look at me and smile, and I just want to give them whatever they want. I think it is because they have these big brown eyes with lots of long dark eyelashes. I also think it is because they all have their Daddy's smile which also melts my butter. If they only knew the power they hold with that little tilt of the head accompanied by a smile I would be in HUGE trouble. So, let's not tell them. Okay?!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Girlfriend,
My Boy is 16 and his smile still gets the best of me. Especially when I want to be mad at him. He knows it and uses it liberally against me. Sigh.