Friday, November 9, 2007

The Professor

What is a mother to write about other than her children? And, while that may bore the sox off of you all, it is what you will have to put up with until my blogging skills increase.

My oldest is the Professor. He is a 7 year old, total nerd in training. Now before you come unglued about me calling my son a nerd, you must realize that around our house Nerd is a compliment. The Professor has been a nerd since pretty much day one.

He put himself on a schedule from a very early age. If he was supposed to eat at 3:00 pm he woke up at 3:00 pm, without fail.

School is play to him. If he isn’t learning it isn’t fun. Imagine a kid who would read an encyclopedia - if I had one for him to read.

He wants to know everything. Really. Literally. Everything. The questions this kid asks are mind-boggling, and really I am getting quite fatigued by either having to find the answers to his questions and/or pretending I already know the answer. By the time he is a teenager, he could quite possibly know everything.

He is the consummate big brother, and takes care of his brothers and sister. This is usually accomplished with a lot of bossing, yelling, and conviction that he is right no matter what.

He is a sweetie, who has a big heart. He hates to see anyone hurt or unhappy. He still cuddles up in my lap to watch TV, and he makes me feel old because he is growing up so fast.

3 comments:

Jedi Miller said...

Feel old?... :)

You should introduce him to wikipedia.com then he will know everything.

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that I'm reading:)

Michelle said...

Nerd is not an offensive name in this household at all. I married one. And he is the sweetest husband and greatest daddy I know. The Professor ain't got nuthin' to worry about, chicks dig brains! heehee!