Thursday, November 15, 2007

Do What?







This was the question asked by the Professor and the Princess when their Daddy said, "Any dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher you have to wash by hand." True to 7 and 5 year old form these two will fill the dishwasher, and then as far as they are concerned the kitchen is clean. It doesn't matter how many times we send them back to the kitchen to finish the job they still stop when the dishwasher is full. My thought was "How sad that my children don't know how to wash dishes by hand yet." Now those of you out there who are laughing at me, bear in mind that though I am not a new parent, I am new to having children old enough to actually wash the dishes.

Now the premise behind making them wash the dishes by hand is not only to make sure all the dishes are clean, but also to make sure they are actually filling the dishwasher. Because as we all know children never try to get out of doing chores. However, this one may have backfired. As they were washing the dishes we were greated with exclaimations of "Cool!" "Wow!" "I want to wash next time!" Ahhh, the blissfull ignorance of childhood. Let's see how cool they think it is in a couple of days.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

They can come wash my dishes any time if they think it's so fun! Wonder why other chores we could find "fun" for them!

Michelle said...

Liv absolutely LOVES to wash dishes. I think it's more that she likes to play in the bubbles, but hey...whatever works!

Jedi Miller said...

I like that Daddy in the picture has to wash the dishes too. Good job, keep him working!!!

Core Foundations said...

Oh, I so remember those days when my older kids thought it was so cool. I can't wait to get my younger ones started!