Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend was a terrific one to be sure. Rock, who had been gone since Sunday night, came home on Thursday bringing my parents with him. We went to Professor's ball game, and they won.

Friday, Rock and I got up early and went to the Homeschool Book Fair. It was really alot of fun, as Rock and I perused the booths and decided on the minor little things we wanted to use for the kids for school, and decided which books we wanted to buy for simple reading purposes.

Saturday brought the Ladies Luncheon at our church. Accompanied by my Mother and my beautiful daughter, we had a terrific time of fellowship with our church family. And I managed to make it though the little devotional I had prepared without passing out. Mom and Dad had to head back home that afternoon as they needed to be in their church on Sunday.

Sunday was a glorious day. The weather was beautiful, and it was Mother's day. My children woke up and greeted me with "Happy Mother's Day, Momma! I love you!" Then they gave me a card that made me cry, and a enamelled cast iron dutch oven that I have had my eye on for quite a while now.

After a weekend like that, I am giving thanks to God above for the wonderful life he has so graciously given me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Megan said...

That is exactly what Mother's Day is supposed to make you feel like! And with 4 little ones and homeschooling and everything else that you do, you deserved a great celebration of you! And congrats on not fainting at the women's luncheon. What a great testimony that you were asked to do that devotion!