Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Encouraging Words

Have you ever had one of those days where you just can't seem to get anything done...even though you got up at 5:30 am, and haven't stopped working since then? This was my day this past Thursday. I was in my PJ's until noon, and it seemed that the work was mulitplying instead of getting done. Now mind you the kids were helping me. They finished their school work and chores in record time, and were running all those little errands around the house that seem to take up most of your time. However, they were also bickering, getting on each others nerves (and mine), and just not getting along. I think this was my biggest problem.

By the time that naptime/quiet time rolled around that afternoon, I was almost in tears, I was irritated at my poor husband (who was driving back from Oklahoma) because he wasn't home, I was impatient with the kids, I was tired and cranky, and basically feeling like a total failure as a wife and mother. Then God sent me a message from the sweetest Sister-in-Law in the whole world, mine. She didn't know what kind of a day I'd had, but simply sent me a request to post something about how I run our household along with the compliment that I am good at what I do. That was the end of the holding back the tears. I remembered, it is not my strength, knowledge, wisdom, etc. that keeps my home going. It is God and God alone, doing his work through me that keeps things on track. God runs my home inspite of me. What an encouragement her words were for me. I was then able to remember to seek the face of God and have a true quiet time. After I had taken that time, I was able to complete the tasks that God had set before me, and I finished just in time to greet my husband - cheerfully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stinker! I was going to post along these lines tomorrow! (I'm feeling "out-drawn" -- as in shoot out.)

It is truly impressive what a single statement can do for a gal, hmmmm?

You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

We never know how our words effect those around us...that is why it is so important to choose your words with care.

Seems like I heard that not long ago in a devotional.

God gave me the best girls in the world! I am blessed.

I love you.