Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Magic of Mom

Okay, I confess...I am an organized mess. What exactly do I mean by that? I mean that I want to be organized, that I strive to be organized, that I can usually get the organization done, but that when a room gets unorganized and messy, I become paralized. Solution: find something for Rock and the kids to do away from the house so that I don't have to worry about anyone else, or utilize my Mother when she is in town.

I had a list of things that needed to be done. Nothing big or expansive, but stuff that required another set of hands - don't forget Rock is in Tax Season or he would be helping me - or one uninterupted day. Seeing as that isn't going to be happening until sometime around mid-April, I was resigning myself to not having shelvs and hooks hung and closing the door to the very cluttered and unused used-to-be school room (we moved that to the office). I wanted to use the room for scrapbooking and sewing so that I might actually get some other projects done, but it was in a state of transition and a total mess. However, my glorious slave driver of a Mother came up for Warrior's birtday and stayed around to help me finish off my list. All that being said...Here are the results.Here I have placed my Grandmother's mirror over the fireplace instead of the portrait of three of my children that is 18 months out of date.Here I set up the crib that my Grandfather made for me when Professor was born. Yes, I said made. Those are hand turned spindles. I had to get it back from my brother and awesome sis-in-law. Baby J had been sleeping in a bassinette and was quickly out growing it.
Here is the shelf that holds all the baby care goodies in the boys' room. Yes all three of them in one room. Don't feel sorry for them it is a BIG room. As of January 28 my bedroom is baby stuff free with the exception of the crib.
Here is the coat rack that is hanging just inside my entry door. Now maybe the coats will quit just laying on the kitchen table...as long as they magicaly hang themselves.

And for the grand finalle...drum roll please.

Check out my newly cleaned and organized work room.
Scrapbooking Corner





Sewing Corner and Organized Craft Closet










And what little space I left for the kids. I guess they do need a place for their games.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just the little things that make a house a home?

And I'm impressed you did it while sick!

Shelly said...

Looks great!

Sarah said...

corefoundations - don't be too impressed. We had this finished before the cold hit me on Monday

Shelly - thank you

Michelle said...

How much ya wanna bet your UN-organized looks better than my organized?

I did get my bedroom cleaned and somewhat organized though! I also have all plumbing issues fixed! It was only $300! Whew,it's been a busy week, I think I need a cinnamon roll!;)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I have a plan to get organized before Scott gets home. :)

Sunny said...

Awesome! Hope you and the kiddos are getting better. I've been on a reorganizing warpath but not because I want to be. Moving and trying to sell your house does that. So kids in the way and all I'm blazing through the house daily finding a new junk infested corner to sort through!