Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!!


Isn't he cute?


Today is the Warrior's 3rd birthday. He shouldn't be three. I was holding him the other day and could hardly believe that he was getting so big. What a sweetie he is, and what a total mess at the same time. I forsee many trips to the ER in the future.


We had a pretty good day, although the poor baby woke up sick. He spent most of the day laying in Daddy's chair watching "The Magic School Bus" or "Larry Boy," and getting pretty much what ever he wanted; thanks to it being his birthday, his being sick, and the fact that his Grandma is here as well. Actually, most people would consider this a pretty good birthday even with being sick.


We had to have a Transformers Birthday Cake. You would think I would have at least bothered to take it out of the pan before I decorated it. You would also think I would have at least bothered to make the decorations out of icing. You know the saying about the shoemaker's children...the same goes for the cake decorator's children.


Now, most people would wonder why we make such a big fuss about a 3rd birthday, but in our family when you turn three you get your bracelet. It is just a family thing, but it means that you belong to us. Only family and friends we consider family get them.


Grandma putting his bracelet on him.


Happy Birthday my Big Boy!

4 comments:

Jedi Miller said...

Wait you have to turn 3 before you claimed a Franz...

soo... that means Baby J is unclaimed. We here by formally call DIBBS on the boy!

love you guys hope you have a great night.

I still laugh cause He told me he didn't get gifts for his birthday, but it was cause he hadn't had his party yet.

Anonymous said...

He is terribly cute! And he still has enough of the baby face going for him too. . .

Bracelet? I'm terribly curious about this one now. . .

I see an explanatory post in your future!

Maybe I could adapt it to 16 years? Kind of a right of passage that you've made it through 3 of your teen years without us doing away with you, that we've decided to keep you. ;)

EGADS! I'm about to have a 16 yo this year!

Michelle said...

Happy belated birthday Andrew!! I'm so glad he's now officially yours! heehee!
Love ya girl!

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Warrior!