Friday, November 21, 2008

Momma's Night Out

I love my job!
There is nothing more fulfilling that having a career that centers around the husband and children with which God has blessed you.

Now, with that being said...tonight I needed the companionship of my girlfriends, and to not have to answer to my blessed title for a couple of hours. My very compassionate husband sent me on my way to my friend and Creative Memories consultant's (we'll call her Joy) home where she was having a scrapbooking get together. I didn't complete much on my album, because the pages I was working on were rather complicated. However, I did get to spend some time in the company of other women who know the joys and frustrations of Motherhood.

God blessed me when he led me to Joy. I found her on the Creative Memories website, and she has been a blessing to me. She is bubbly, vivacious, and loves God, her husband, and her daughters. And not only that, but her spirit is infectious. You cannot leave Joy's home without being lifted up. She is one of those who is for me another piece of iron and a Titus 2 friend.

After having been in her company I am being resolved to be the kind of person Joy is for me. One who's friends find comfort, joy, and encouragement in her presence. One who points the way to the foot of the Cross where we find true joy. Not necessarily by pointing to it outright, but who leads others there because they can see the true joy that only dependence upon God can bring.

So tonight, because of the encouraging words of my friend, I am going to bed, not frustrated and tired, but feeling truly blessed to be a wife, mother, and friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a wise man to recognize a woman's need for her "sisters".

Shelly said...

My friend Joy has always been like that, too. She truly lives out her name.