Monday, July 14, 2008

Switching Things Up

We have been busy around here. I am finally finished painting and moving Princess and Baby J into their current locations.

Princess was moved into my former work room - more on that later - so that she could have more floor space. She has a Queen sized bed so that we have a guest bed. In her former room, even though it is a nice size room, she just didn't have any space to really play. Also, the walls were painted a flat pink paint that was D-I-R-T-Y. I chose this room for her because it had a walk-in-closet, but because of the floor layout her dresser had to be in the closet so she didn't really have alot of space in there. With this new room her dresser is in the room, but out of the flow of the room, and even though her closet is smaller it actually has more space. I painted it a really pretty color called Sauted Mushroom in satin finish and then stenciled a diamond/flur de lis on one wall with pink. I also found a terrific all wood headboard on Craig's List for $25 to complete the look. Finally, Rock switched the ceiling fan in the room that the older boys share, which was white and frilly, with the one in Princess' current room that was far more masculine. All in all I think it turned out beautifully.







Baby J is now in Princess' old room and, although I lost my work room, Rock and I are the only occupants of our Master Bedroom after 10 months. Since moving Baby J, Rock and I have slept better and Baby J has slept better. And Momma with better sleep is a better Momma. I painted the room a very neutral light kahki color, and moved his crib out of my room (giving me more space) and his changing table out of the boys room (giving them more space). It looks really nice but I'm not going to get to settled with it, because come April we are going to be moving the boys around again.





4 comments:

The Brocketts said...

Why are you moving the boys around again in April? Was that a hint for something to come? Just checking. Very nice re-dos in your home. Very inspiring. I keep meaning to decorate... someday.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! You did a great job with the stenciling!

Is the stencil from "Stencil Ease"? If so I have that exact same one! Problem is, I can't recall what room I was going to use it in. (so typical!)

Okay, that's it! off my duff to do some stuff!

Sarah said...

Brockett's - We're moving the boys around in April because Baby J should be ready to go into a big boy bed then. And for Professor's birthday we are going to give him his own room. So, no, don't expect anything to come ;)

Corefoundations - Yes it is a Stencil Ease. I knew we were kindred spirits.

Michelle said...

You totally amaze me.