Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 16

IT'S OVER!!!

Yes, I am shouting. Tax season is over, and that means so many wonderful things around this house.

1. No more having to work on Sunday. We have always been able to attend Church on the Lord's Day as a family, but the afternoons were usually taken up with some kind of work thing for Rock. Now he can actually rest and focus fully on Sundays.

2. No more having to work on Saturday. That means that he can sleep in, and he and the kids can lay in our bed and watch cartoons until I call them to breakfast.

3. No more late night phone calls from employees who have an irate customer on their hands. This one is a loo loo as it usually results in someone threatening to picket Rock's business because Rock's store won't prepare a falsified return.

4. Getting to go out on a date knowing it won't end suddenly because some customer is complaining that they actually have to pay the person preparing their taxes. This one gets me all the time. People actually get mad because they have to pay for services rendered. Go figure!

and probably the most selfish of all...

5. I can get out of the house by myself without wondering if Rock will have to call me home because there is an emergency at one of the offices.

Yes, I know number five is very selfish, but hey lets face it folks, I'm human, and there are times when I really, really, really, need to have a couple of hours without someone calling for me to dress a Polly Pocket, ask for a snack, referee a fight, or suddenly need me urgently while I am in the bathroom (I think they have radar for this one). Rock does his best to make sure that I can get out every now and then during season, but I just never know if he will suddenly be called away.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually like the fact that Rock works in the tax business because it means that most of the year he is pretty much free to do and be with our family as he wishes. But, it also means that from January 1st to April 15 we are usually short one very important man in the house.

I usually take the onset of tax season with a smile knowing that it will be over in a few short months. By mid-season I am beginning to feel a little alone as Rock has to work late nights, and even if he is at home, may have to leave in the middle of a meal to take care of a problem at the stores. Then, by the end of tax season I am ready for it to be o-v-e-r, and to have my hubby back.

So, that whoopin' and hollerin' you hear coming from Texas.........................that would be me.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

Yipppeee! And #5, not selfish. All Mammas must find ways to maintain their own sanity or they can't maintain the sanity of the household!

I have to PAY for someone else to do my taxes for me?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

You all should plan a date night for Friday. I'd volunteer to babysit for ya, but depending where you are in TX it'd take me 3-4 days to get there!

Megan said...

Yay! I've thought about you guys a few times knowing this is a crazy season for him. And I thought I had a lot to deal with just getting our own taxes done! LOL!

Michelle said...

And I'm sure Rock's thinking he now has more time to go to hockey games with Monk!!! LOL!! just kiddin'!

Actually, we could now do a sewing thing and the guys could potentially watch the 7 children!! We just might get something done!!