Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Okay, sooooooo...somehow I manage to blog about once every six months. I mean, it's not like I have anything to write about. You don't really want to hear about my kids....do you? Or, what we are doing around the house?

Well, in reality I am suffering from writers' block. Not the kind where you can't think of anything to write, but the kind where there are so many things about which to write that you just completely shut down and quit writing altogether. Then when you do sit down to write, not only do you have things to write about now, but there are also things you wish you had written about earlier. Then you play this gigantic game of catch-up and keep-up, and if you are anything like me, whatever you write must, must, MUST, be in the correct cronological order. It's enough to make you want to just pull your hair out.

So, how have I been coping with my writers' block? I have been reading books, reading blogs, reading magazines, and reading curriculum catalogs. Now, I have reached a point where I want to write again. So, I tried yesterday, but that stupid wall of ideas was just too intimidating. There are too many ideas, too many thoughts, and too much stuff to catch up. Hence, I am going to start where I am, and not begin at the beginning. I may take a time trip or two, here and there, but for the most part I will simply be moving forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that sounds fantastic! I also believe you'll be surprised by how easily you can fit in those "time warps".

Plus, I would love to hear more about you, your family, and your goings on.

Jenny said...

Keep it Simple, Sarah. You're making this harder than it needs to be. ;) I would love to know about your kids and what you're up to. Just write something - anything - when you get a free minute, and that will be great. And I bet once you sit down to record some cute little thing one of your kids said or some ramblings about doing the laundry, you'll say, hey, that reminds me, and then write some really profound deep something-or-other. So, anyway... give yourself a break and just blog about whatever. :)

Sunny said...

Hey, you're back! I have the same hang up, I want everything chronicled and in order but then I just don't do anything!