Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 1 of the Hurt

I'm a couple of days behind on my getting healthy updates, but I promise you will get over it.

I am a very goal oriented person. If I don't have something for which to work, the things I want to do will simply languish in the abyss of procrastinated enterprises. To thwart the demons of delay, I have laid out several short and long term goals. Let's start with weight.

6/15/2010: 198 lbs
Goal Weight: 150 lbs
Goal Deadline: May 15, 2011

This is a goal of 1 lb a week. When I look at 48 lbs, I overload. When I look at 1 lb a week, I'm pretty sure I can handle that. I have downloaded a calorie and exercise tracker to my phone to help keep me on track, and Rock is in full knowledge and support of what I am doing.

Next, lets deal with fitness. My body hasn't seen any real exercise since college...I graduated in 1998. Then top that with 4 c-sections and gallbladder surgery, and you can pretty much guess that my abdominal muscles have forgotten that they even exhist. Cardio? Please! My sides!Wait, let me catch my breath.......just a minute more.......no, not yet......okay. I hate running, but I'm thinking that is going to be the best remedy for me, and apparently the more you run, the more you can eat!!!! I'm going to be following the "Couch to 5k" running plan by Cool Running. I have downloaded an Ap to my phone that takes me through the paces of each run.

Short Term Goal: Finish week 1 of the plan
Long Term Goal: Run in the 5k of the Cow Town

I must be crazy.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

You can do it! Rah Rah Rah! :)

Shelly said...

So excited for you! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't want to rain on your "pain parade", but how's your water intake? (~ 64 oz. / day?)

It's a huge area for most (their liquid intake being of another variety), and most don't think about it.

One thing about getting healthier. . .it's amazing how many areas of life this affects!

Megan said...

I'm hoping to lose 40 by 40. I have 3.5 years. :)

Sarah said...

corefoundations: I am really strugling with H2O, but I'm working on it. I have a pitcher in the fridge, and it must be empty by 7pm every night.

Sarah said...

Megan - It is hard enough dealing with the weight. So, there is no reason to remind me of how old we are. ;-)